What’s on in November

Credit: Secret Sets

Credit: Secret Sets

Credit: Secret Sets

Mari Spanja, Reporter

With more hot days on the way there are plenty of events this November to get you moving in the sunshine.

The Great Fremantle Race

A charity food drive with a difference in Fremantle on Sunday November 5.

Racing teams are encouraged to wear their brightest matching costumes and fill their decorated cart with groceries around a course filled with obstacles and challenges.

Mercy Astit and Nina getting ready to decorate their cart

The course starts on Williams Street and finishes at King’s Square. The contents in the cart will be donated to Fremantle-based charity St. Patrick’s Community Support Centre. The winners will be determined on a points system based on costume design, music, cart decoration and quickest time around the course. Registrations have closed, but spectators are welcome. There’s more information here.

The Perth Cruelty Free Fair 2017

If you’re up for a day of sunshine, live music and lots of goodies then head down to the Perth Cruelty Free fair. The event is on November 19 at Pioneer Park in Fremantle.

The fair includes tips and information on how to live a cruelty free life by altering your diet. It includes a range of cruelty free products for sale including candles, cruelty free makeup, pet portraits, cleaning products, graphic t-shirts and toys.

Featured around the event are a variety of food stalls including vegan sausage sizzles, vegan thai food, fresh juice and coffee.

Credit to: Julie Cruelty Free

Bouncy castles and face paint will be available for children and visitors. Pets are welcome too, as long as they are on a leash.

For more information click here

Secret Sets

If you are looking for something more active, this event is a new morning movement workout and dance session.

Secret Sets is created to include all ages and skill levels. It will be held in a welcoming atmosphere, with simple to follow moves shown by instructors.

The first event will be held on Saturday November 4. All locations are a secret and will be revealed 24 hours before each event.

Credit to: Secret Sets

James Maasdorp, founder of Secret sets told ECU Daily they keep their locations unknown to create uniqueness and an element of mystery for each session.

“Secret Sets is structured around experiencing and seeing the rising sun. We like to host our events in beautiful spaces. Each day dawns with new possibilities, with the potential for us to really embrace this human experience.”

Tickets are $28 and include a cold pressed juice by Pressed Earth, Coastal Crunch cup and silent headphones for each person.

For more information click here

Other events throughout November:

The Great Monster Truck showdown

When: 18/11/2017

Where: HBF Joondalup Arena

Website: click here

Osborne Park Show

When: 17/11/2017 – 18/11/2017

Where: Robinsons Reserve, Tuart Hill.

Website: click here

What’s on in November