Markets encourage wholesome way of living

Kelly Marie Smith, ECU Reporter

The Made Local Winter Market has had great success, coming back to Stackwood Creative Venue and Concept Store for a second year.

The event, held over the August 11 to 13 weekend, was host to more than 20 stalls, selling locally made gifts, clothes and food.

The market proved to not only satisfy the creative cravings of it’s visitors, but also provided an array of food options, with foodies Flitch and Leaven serving up delicious Brazilian street food, while Mary Street Bakery was the answer to everyones sweet tooth.

The cozy atmosphere was only heightened as Lucy Peach, Fremantle’s home grown folk musician, took to the mic. Peach’s unplugged set was dreamy and enchanting, providing a sense of warmth with every note.

Stackwood, where the Made Local Winter Market takes place, is a new venue housed in a former diesel workshop in the heart of Fremantle.

Stackwood is one of the most creative and welcoming venues in Perth, encouraging you to indulge in your creative side, learn something new, all while drinking one of the best coffees in Fremantle.

With a strong belief in the value of supporting local makers and creators, it hosts a range of workshops and events, where the mission is to teach new skills and foster a more wholesome way of living.

The Stackwood website describes their workshops as a really important part of what they do, saying learning a new skill is an “investment”, and that learning new skills helps to encourage a “more mindful way of living”.

It is a constantly evolving place, with plans for a productive garden and more community events among other things.

If you haven’t been there yet, or even if you have, visit this funky venue at 10 Stack Street, Fremantle, you can check their website for opening hours, or follow them on Instagram @stackwood_