Perth’s Beautiful and Beastly Musical

Poster of the Beauty and the Beast musical courtesy of APAN entertainment production

Mari Spanja, Reporter

The popular 1991 Disney movie, Beauty and the Beast is coming to Perth this August presented by APAN entertainment production in arrangement with Music Theatre International and Hal Leonard Australia.

The production, which has taken six months to prepare, involves 64 leading cast members from Perth that will perform in every show and 17 younger performers that will rotate roles throughout the season.

Several performers have returned home to star in this production after working in shows from all over the world including Cabaret, Les Misérables, Mama Mia, Priscilla Queen Of the Desert, Jersey Boys and more.

It has been a huge undertaking due to the films rich history both on the stage and on screen, however Director Marina Del Basso says she’s excited for the musical along with the big reputation it has to live up to.

“Our creative team have all worked tirelessly on making this the most glamorous and amazing musical ever to be locally produced in WA with a cast of WA Born, trained and bred entertainers, orchestra, and creative team.”

The musical tells the story of Belle, a beautiful and intelligent young woman who feels out of place in her provincial French village.

When her father is imprisoned in a mysterious castle, Belle’s attempt to rescue him leads to her capture by the Beast, a grisly and fearsome monster, who was long ago trapped in his gruesome form by an enchantress.

The only way for the Beast to become human once again is if he learns to love and be loved in return.

Past productions have been hit sell-outs and the cast is thrilled to bring this tale as old as time to life.

The shows will commence on August 25 in the newly refurbished Regal Theatre and will continue until September 3.

Tickets are available now at Ticketek.

Perth’s Beautiful and Beastly Musical