Featuring the best student journalism and broadcasting @ ECU.

Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Credit%3A+ECU+Parties+and+Events+
Credit: ECU Parties and Events

Credit: ECU Parties and Events

Credit: ECU Parties and Events

Tayla Damir

Grab your toga and get ready to party! Edith Cowan University ‘s Joondalup tavern will host the fourth Annual Toga Party on 21 April 2017.

ECU Parties and Events,  an ECU run group founded by ex ECU student Trent Barron, will host the toga party.

Jason Duffin, President of ECU Parties and Events told ECU Daily “ we will be working alongside the Student guilt to create a mini festival type party in the hope to bring life to ECU.”

“We will be setting up a big stage along with pop-up bars and food. I have also hired the best DJs such as Boston Switch for the event,” he said.

“The event is funded partly by Student Guild and through ticket sales,” Duffin told ECU Daily.

“Without Student Guild’s generous funding our events wouldn’t happen. The Student Guild receives funding from student services and amenities fees that ECU students pay. With this, they are able to take some of this money and help us without events.” Barron said.

Founder Barron told ECU Daily “ I came to university expecting a thriving culture and university life and it just didn’t exist at that point. I was an accounting and finance major who spent a few months moaning and winging about how nothing was happening. I then met a couple of people who also wanted to create a party atmosphere, as it didn’t exist. It was from this that we decided to just do it and start our own social events at the university.”

Last year the Annual Toga Party was held in building 1 at the Joondalup ECU Campus but Duffin told ECU Daily “ We are going back to basics. We will take the tavern and transform it this year. We will be taking the party back to its original starting place and adding a courtyard stage and pop-up bar as well as an alleyway bar.”

“I want to continue to create a campus culture. The Annual Toga Party gives students the chance to come and socialise at the university while they aren’t studying or going to lectures.” Duffin said.

All ECU students over the age of 18 are welcome to purchase tickets to the event. Students who purchase tickets can then pay for an additional ticket for a guest to attend with them.

Tickets for the Annual Toga Party are $15 for students and $10 if you are a guild member. “ The Student Guild is why these events exist which is why we provide discounts to member and also encourage students to join as they have helped us so much over the past four years,” Barron told ECU Daily.

Venine Palm, a member of Student Guild told ECU Daily, “Events like this is what creates atmosphere and a life outside of the classroom. ECU students use these events to have fun away from the stress of assignments and test.”

The Annual Toga Party is made possible by approximately 30 student volunteers “We have students from different schools and years as well as post grads who come together to help make these events possible. Without them, we wouldn’t be where we are today.” Duffin told ECU Daily.

If you are interested in purchasing a ticket or finding out more information go to

https://www.facebook.com/events/176748189507771/

Or

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/ecus-4th-annual-toga-party-tickets-33074511755

• Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Arts and Entertainment

Film Review: Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur

• Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Arts and Entertainment

Film: Get Out

• Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Arts and Entertainment

The Modern Day Bride

• Arts and Entertainment

Glass Art Exhibition Reaching New Heights

• Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Arts and Entertainment

WAAPA Gospel Choir Wraps Up Triumphant Tour

• Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Arts and Entertainment

Fremantle’s Orange Sannya Period Revisited

• Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Arts and Entertainment

Celebrating 40 Years of Independent Radio

• Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Arts and Entertainment

French Film Festival in full swing

• Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Arts and Entertainment

Bible Stories Told Through Indigenous Art

• Greece Is Coming To ECU!

Arts and Entertainment

Get Ready to Food Truck Rumble

Greece Is Coming To ECU!